Use sound techniques to eliminate risk and the fear of starting your own business. My first interview is a very inspirational one: Jina Schaefer, from The Happy Healthy Truth, who left her corporate job to start her own business, shares insightful tips about what she learned and how she found the strength to go at it alone. Also in this episode, tips to overcome your fear of starting a business. Practical and free resources you can use to get that business started, finally!
- Interview with Jina Schaefer – 3:50
- Tips to overcome your fear of starting a business – 28:08
- Quote of the day by Les Brown – 35:38
Links Mentioned in this episode:
- Jina Schafer official blog – The Happy Healthy Truth – www.jinaschaefer.com
- Founder of North fourth – www.north-fourth.com
- Build your business plan step by step: https://www.sba.gov/tools/business-plan : Walks you through the creation of your business plan step by step: a cover page, executive summary, company description, market research, product/service line, marketing and sales, financial projections.
- Standard Business Plan Template: http://www.entrepreneur.com/formnet/form/460
- Guide to Writing your Business Plan: http://www.entrepreneur.com/formnet/form/463
- Business plan for a startup business: http://www.entrepreneur.com/formnet/form/561
- Business name research (US): https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html
- Start up resources (Australia): https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/business-topics/marketing/market-research/step-1-why-do-market-research/
- Business Start up resources (UK): https://www.gov.uk/starting-up-a-business/start-with-an-idea
- Meetup.com – to find interest groups
- Linkedin.com – to find professional groups